Thursday, October 8, 2009

Plight of Social Descrimination - Kite Runner.

While reading Khaled Hosseini's Kite Runner - w.r.t the character the Charlie - I poem it out.

I am no Gorgon, I am no Saint.
But i remian a human - just like another name.
Dont pull in the caste - dont pull in the creed.
Dont pull in the racial discrimination that makes me weep.

Why am i not the one to be by your side and hold your hand.
Why cant i play and eat the same way you do - With just a right hand.

You feel you are above and feel great,
I too have been made by the same hands in fate.

I truckle, cause i am expected to. I serve and you and them and all.
I look up and hear - Gone are such days. They are antediluvian, but alas - You just realized i am human.

Contributions From My DearAnkita Bordia:
"But one hundred years later, he still is not free. One hundred years later, he is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. One hundred years later, he lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later, he is still languished in the corners ... Read Moreof society and finds himself an exile in his own land. And so we've come here today to dramatize a shameful condition." - Martin Luther King

4 comments:

Jeetika said...

WAAOOO! i cnat tel u how proud i am of u!!! hehe..
lovely poem.. loved the ending para specially! :)

*~Sparks of Enthusiasm ~* said...

Hehe - Thankus. I loved poetry writing. Sad - Mine never made sense ;p

Harshit Gupta said...

Liked it. Check 4 the typos. n since i m too lazy to go comment on the other post, liked that one too. In fact I love both GC and Queen's. never been to the Kormangala one though. Will try. Thanks for that. :)

StevenHWicker said...

I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today.  Safe and perfect movers bahrain